For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesEluted out with both high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately after elution, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).
||1/50 - 1/100.
- FunctionProtein kinase that act on both serine and threonine residues.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed at very low levels.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on serine and threonine residues.
It is uncertain whether palmitoylation is on Cys-6 and/or Cys-8.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
Information by UniProt
- EDPK antibody
- F52 antibody
- FLJ39635 antibody
Anti-STK16 antibody - Aminoterminal end images
Western blot - STK16 antibody - Aminoterminal end (ab37975)
Anti-STK16 antibody - Aminoterminal end (ab37975) at 1/100 dilution + mouse brain tissue lysate.
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
Observed band size : 35 kDa
Additional bands at : 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - STK16 antibody - Aminoterminal end (ab37975)
ab37975, at a 1/50 dilution, staining STK16 in human breast carcinoma tissue, by Immunohistochemistry, Formalin fixed Paraffin embedded tissue.
References for Anti-STK16 antibody - Aminoterminal end (ab37975)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"