Anti-Synaptotagmin 1 antibody (ab68856)
- Product nameAnti-Synaptotagmin 1 antibodySee all Synaptotagmin 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Synaptotagmin 1
- Specificitythis antibody reacts with Synaptotagmin 1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic peptide as a part of human Synaptotagmin 1 conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein.
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute in 100 µl of sterile water. Centrifuge to remove any insoluble material.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68856 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/300 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa. This antibody has been tested in Western blot against the recombinant peptide used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/300 - 1/3000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/300 - 1/3000.|
- FunctionMay have a regulatory role in the membrane interactions during trafficking of synaptic vesicles at the active zone of the synapse. It binds acidic phospholipids with a specificity that requires the presence of both an acidic head group and a diacyl backbone. A Ca(2+)-dependent interaction between synaptotagmin and putative receptors for activated protein kinase C has also been reported. It can bind to at least three additional proteins in a Ca(2+)-independent manner; these are neurexins, syntaxin and AP2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptotagmin family.
Contains 2 C2 domains.
- DomainThe first C2 domain mediates Ca(2+)-dependent phospholipid binding.
The second C2 domain mediates interaction with SV2A and STN2.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > synaptic vesicle membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > chromaffin granule membrane. Cytoplasm. Synaptic vesicles and chromaffin granules.
- DKFZp781D2042 antibody
- P65 antibody
- SVP65 antibody
- Synaptotagmin I antibody
- Synaptotagmin-1 antibody
- SYT antibody
- SYT1 antibody
- SYT1_HUMAN antibody
- SytI antibody
References for Anti-Synaptotagmin 1 antibody (ab68856)
ab68856 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.