Anti-Synaptotagmin antibody [ASV30] (ab13259)
- Product nameAnti-Synaptotagmin antibody [ASV30]See all Synaptotagmin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [ASV30] to Synaptotagmin
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Rat brain synaptic junctional protein complexes.
- Positive control
- Mouse or Rat brain tissue extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThis antibody has been affinity purified.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberASV30
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13259 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- RelevanceThe synaptotagmins are integral membrane proteins of synaptic vesicles thought to serve as Ca(2+) sensors in the process of vesicular trafficking and exocytosis. Calcium binding to synaptotagmin participates in triggering neurotransmitter release at the synapse. The first C2 domain mediates Ca(2+)-dependent phospholipid binding. The second C2 domain mediates interaction with Stonin 2. Synaptotagmin may have a regulatory role in the membrane interactions during trafficking of synaptic vesicles at the active zone of the synapse. It binds acidic phospholipids with a specificity that requires the presence of both an acidic head group and a diacyl backbone. A Ca(2+)-dependent interaction between synaptotagmin and putative receptors for activated protein kinase C has also been reported. It can bind to at least three additional proteins in a Ca(2+)-independent manner; these are neurexins, syntaxin and AP2.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- DKFZp781D2042 antibody
- P65 antibody
- P65 antibody
- SVP65 antibody
- Synaptotagmin I antibody
- Synaptotagmin II antibody
- Synaptotagmin IV antibody
- Synaptotagmin V antibody
- SYT 1 antibody
- SYT antibody
- SYT1 antibody
- SYT2 antibody
- SYT3 antibody
- SYT4 antibody
- SYT5 antibody
- SytI antibody
Anti-Synaptotagmin antibody [ASV30] images
All lanes : Anti-Synaptotagmin antibody [ASV30] (ab13259) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Molecular weight ladder
Lane 2 : Lysates prepared from mouse brain
Lane 3 : Lysates prepared from rat brain
ICC/IF image of ab13259 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab13259, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Synaptotagmin was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Mouse Brain tissue lysate, 5µg of Mouse monoclonal to Synaptotagmin and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Mouse Brain tissue lysate lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab13259.
Secondary: Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG light chain specific (HRP) at 1/20,000 dilution.
Band: 64kDa; Synaptotagmin
References for Anti-Synaptotagmin antibody [ASV30] (ab13259)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wong FK & Stanley EF Rab3a interacting molecule (RIM) and the tethering of pre-synaptic transmitter release site-associated CaV2.2 calcium channels. J Neurochem 112:463-73 (2010). WB, IP ; Chicken . Read more (PubMed: 19878533) »
- Zhu LQ et al. GSK-3beta inhibits presynaptic vesicle exocytosis by phosphorylating P/Q-type calcium channel and interrupting SNARE complex formation. J Neurosci 30:3624-33 (2010). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20219996) »