Anti-Syndecan-1 [EPR6454] antibody (ab128936)
- Product nameAnti-Syndecan-1 [EPR6454] antibodySee all Syndecan-1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6454] to Syndecan-1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) corresponding to Human Syndecan-1 aa 1-300 (extracellular).
Database link: P18827
- Positive control
- Human colon and cervical carcinoma tissues; Fetal kidney, HeLa, PC12, Raji, Ramos and BxPC-3 cell lysates.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR6454
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab128936 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/500 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/1000.|
- FunctionCell surface proteoglycan that bears both heparan sulfate and chondroitin sulfate and that links the cytoskeleton to the interstitial matrix.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the syndecan proteoglycan family.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD_antigen antibody
- CD138 antibody
- CD138 antigen antibody
- heparan sulfate proteoglycan fibroblast growth factor receptor antibody
- SDC antibody
- Sdc1 antibody
- SDC1_HUMAN antibody
- SYND1 antibody
- Syndecan 1 antibody
- syndecan proteoglycan 1 antibody
- Syndecan-1 antibody
Anti-Syndecan-1 [EPR6454] antibody images
Overlay histogram showing Raji cells stained with ab128936 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab128936, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive result in 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) fixed Raji cells used under the same conditions. Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
All lanes : Anti-Syndecan-1 [EPR6454] antibody (ab128936) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Ramos cell lysate
Lane 2 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : BxPC-3 cell lysate
Lane 5 : Fetal kidney lysate
Lane 6 : PC12 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Standard HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 32 kDa
Observed band size : 35 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 65-100 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab128936, at a 1/500 dilution, staining Syndecan in paraffin-embedded Human cervical carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry.
ab128936, at a 1/500 dilution, staining Syndecan in paraffin-embedded Human colon tissue by immunohistochemistry.
ab128936 showing positive staining in Normal skin tissue.
ab128936 showing positive staining in Normal tonsil tissue.
ab128936 showing positive staining in Plasmacytoma tissue.
ab128936 showing negative staining in Skeletal muscle tissue.
References for Anti-Syndecan-1 [EPR6454] antibody (ab128936)
ab128936 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.