For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+),150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).
||1/50 - 1/100.
||1/500 - 1/1000.
- FunctionCell surface proteoglycan that bears heparan sulfate.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in epithelial and fibroblastic cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the syndecan proteoglycan family.
modificationsShedding is enhanced by a number of factors such as heparanase, thrombin or EGF. Also by stress and wound healing. PMA-mediated shedding is inhibited by TIMP3.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Secreted. Shedding of the ectodomain produces a soluble form.
Information by UniProt
- Amphiglycan antibody
- MGC22217 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000031788 antibody
Anti-Syndecan 4 antibody images
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Syndecan 4 antibody (ab74139)
Immunohistochemistry analysis of human brain tissue using ab74139, at 1/50 dilution, in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising peptide.
Western blot - Syndecan 4 antibody (ab74139)
All lanes : Anti-Syndecan 4 antibody (ab74139) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HepG2 cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from HepG2 cells with immunising peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Observed band size : 22 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence - Syndecan 4 antibody (ab74139)
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells using ab74139, at 1/500 dilution, in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising peptide.
References for Anti-Syndecan 4 antibody (ab74139)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"