Anti-T7 tag® antibody - ChIP Grade (ab9138)
- Product nameAnti-T7 tag® antibody - ChIP GradeSee all T7 tag® primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to T7 tag® - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityThis antibody was verified by ELISA against peptide conjugated to BSA(MASMTGGQQMG/BSA). Antibody concentration was determined by extinction coefficient: absorbance at280 nm of 1.4 equals 1.0 mg of IgG.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IP, WB, ICC, ChIP more details
Synthetic peptide: MASMTGGQQMG (T7) conjugated to KLH.
- General notesT7-TAG® is a trademark of EMD Biosciences, Inc.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was affinity purified using the peptide immobilized on solid support..
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9138 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use at a dilution of: Coating 1/100 - 1/500, Primary 1/1000 - 1/30,000.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/30000.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/200 - 1/2000.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. ChIP was performed with 25 ug chromatin, 5ug of antibody and 20 ul of Protein A/G beads.|
- RelevanceThe T7 tag is an 11 amino acid peptide encoded in the leader sequence of T7 bacteriophage gene10. This gene encodes a T7 major capsid protein whose function is not clear. The T7 tag serves as a tag in many expression vectors including the pET system that is based on the very efficient T7 RNA polymerase expression system. Monoclonal antibodies specific for T7 tag are an important tool for studying expression of recombinant T7-tagged proteins.
- 10 antibody
- Major capsid protein 10A antibody
- MASMTGGQQMG epitope tag antibody
- MASMTGGQQMG tag antibody
- Minor capsid protein 10B antibody
- T7 epitope tag antibody
Anti-T7 tag® antibody - ChIP Grade images
A stably transfected 293T human cell line harbouring the GAL4 upstream activation sequence was transiently transfected with a V5 or T7- tagged GAL4 DNA Binding Domain construct. 48 hours post transfection Chromatin was prepared according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. The ChIP was performed with 25 ug chromatin, 5ug of antibody and 20 ul of Protein A/G beads. A non-specific antibody was used as the negative control. The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (SYBR Green approach).
References for Anti-T7 tag® antibody - ChIP Grade (ab9138)
This product has been referenced in:
- Guo Z et al. Screening e3 substrates using a live phage display library. PLoS One 8:e76622 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24124579) »
- Musselman CA et al. Bivalent recognition of nucleosomes by the tandem PHD fingers of the CHD4 ATPase is required for CHD4-mediated repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:787-92 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22215588) »