Anti-TARDBP antibody (ab41972)
- Product nameAnti-TARDBP antibodySee all TARDBP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TARDBP
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IP, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 250 - 350 of Human TARDBP.
(Peptide available as ab41971.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following human lysates: HeLa Whole Cell, HeLa Nuclear, Jurkat Whole Cell, Jurkat Nuclear, HepG2 Whole Cell, HepG2 Nuclear, A431 Whole Cell and K562 Nuclear - tumor cell line.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41972 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: 1/50 - 1/200 (See Abreview).
WB: 1/250. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionDNA and RNA-binding protein which regulates transcription and splicing. Involved in the regulation of CFTR splicing. It promotes CFTR exon 9 skipping by binding to the UG repeated motifs in the polymorphic region near the 3'-splice site of this exon. The resulting aberrant splicing is associated with pathological features typical of cystic fibrosis. May also be involved in microRNA biogenesis, apoptosis and cell division. Can repress HIV-1 transcription by binding to the HIV-1 long terminal repeat. Stabilizes the low molecular weight neurofilament (NFL) mRNA through a direct interaction with the 3' UTR.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. In particular, expression is high in pancreas, placenta, lung, genital tract and spleen.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TARDBP are the cause of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis type 10 (ALS10) [MIM:612069]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology of ALS is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors. The disease is inherited in 5-10% of the cases.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
- DomainThe RRM domains can bind to both DNA and RNA.
modificationsHyperphosphorylated in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.
Ubiquitinated in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.
Cleaved to generate C-terminal fragments in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. In patients with frontotemporal lobar degeneration and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, it is absent from the nucleus of affected neurons but it is the primary component of cytoplasmic ubiquitin-positive inclusion bodies.
- ALS10 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000002171 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000002172 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000002173 antibody
- TADBP_HUMAN antibody
- TAR DNA binding protein 43 antibody
- TAR DNA binding protein antibody
- TAR DNA-binding protein 43 antibody
- TARDBP antibody
- TDP 43 antibody
- TDP-43 antibody
- TDP43 antibody
Anti-TARDBP antibody images
TARDBP was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to TARDBP and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab41972.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 47kDa, non specific bands - 28KDa: We are unsure as to the identity of this extra band; TARDBP
All lanes : Anti-TARDBP antibody (ab41972) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 :
Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Nuclear Lysate (ab14844)
Lane 5 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 :
HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate (ab14660)
Lane 7 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 8 : K562 (Human erythromyeloblastoid leukemia cell line) Nuclear Lysate - tumor cell line (ab29309)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 45 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 26 kDa,28 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab41972 stained human Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab41972, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
References for Anti-TARDBP antibody (ab41972)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yin HZ et al. Slow development of ALS-like spinal cord pathology in mutant valosin-containing protein gene knock-in mice. Cell Death Dis 3:e374 (2012). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22898872) »