Anti-Tbx3 antibody (ab99302)
- Product nameAnti-Tbx3 antibodySee all Tbx3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Tbx3
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human Tbx3.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in nuclear extracts from the following cell lines: HepG2; MCF7. IHC-P (FFPE): Human Placenta (Normal) tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99302 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 79 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionTranscriptional repressor involved in developmental processes. Probably plays a role in limb pattern formation.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TBX3 are the cause of ulnar-mammary syndrome (UMS) [MIM:181450]. UMS is characterized by ulnar ray defects, obesity, hypogenitalism, delayed puberty, hypoplasia of nipples and apocrine glands.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 T-box DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Bladder cancer related protein XHL antibody
- T box 3 antibody
- T-box protein 3 antibody
- T-box transcription factor TBX3 antibody
- Tbx3 antibody
- TBX3 ISO antibody
- TBX3_HUMAN antibody
- UMS antibody
- XHL antibody
Anti-Tbx3 antibody images
IHC image of Tbx3 staining in Human Placenta formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab99302, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
All lanes : Anti-Tbx3 antibody (ab99302) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 2 :
MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate (ab14860)Ab99302 should recognise all three isoforms of Tbx3. We are probably observing Isoform I and Isoform II on this Western Blot image. The molecular weights of Isoform I and Isoform II are 77- and 79-kDa respectively.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 79 kDa
Observed band size : 79 kDa
Additional bands at : 22 kDa,77 kDa (possible isoform). We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 3 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab99302 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab99302 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in formaldehyde fixed (4%, 10min) HepG2 cells at 5ug/ml.
References for Anti-Tbx3 antibody (ab99302)
ab99302 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.