For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay: 1:312500.
||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.
- FunctionGeneral factor that plays a major role in the activation of eukaryotic genes transcribed by RNA polymerase II.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TFIIB family.
Contains 1 TFIIB-type zinc finger.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
Information by UniProt
- General transcription factor IIB antibody
- General transcription factor TFIIB antibody
- gtf2b antibody
Anti-TFIIB antibody images
Western blot - TFIIB antibody (ab49135)
Anti-TFIIB antibody (ab49135) at 4 µg/ml + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg with 5% skimmed milk in PBS
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
Observed band size : 40 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Gel concentration: 12%
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Anti-TFIIB antibody (ab49135)
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human intestine tissue labelling TFIIB with ab49135 at 4-8µg/ml.
References for Anti-TFIIB antibody (ab49135)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"