For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-TGF alpha antibody
See all TGF alpha primary antibodies
Sheep polyclonal to TGF alpha
- Specificityab53609 is specific for TGF alpha and does not react with EGF or TGF beta.
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
IP, IHC-Pmore details
- Species reactivity
Rat, Cow, Human
Recombinant mature human TGF alpha.
- Positive control
- Human uterous, ovary or foreskin.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/250 - 1/1000.
||Use at an assay dependent dilution.
- FunctionTGF alpha is a mitogenic polypeptide that is able to bind to the EGF receptor and to act synergistically with TGF beta to promote anchorage-independent cell proliferation in soft agar.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1, isoform 3 and isoform 4 are expressed in keratinocytes and tumor-derived cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 EGF-like domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Secreted > extracellular space.
Information by UniProt
- EGF like TGF antibody
- EGF-like TGF antibody
- ETGF antibody
References for Anti-TGF alpha antibody (ab53609)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"