Thrombomodulin (CD141) Human ELISA Kit (ab46508)
- Product nameThrombomodulin (CD141) Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Serum 6 3.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% B 8 3.2ng/ml 0.3 10.8%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 0.31 ng/ml
- Range0.625 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
- Assay time1h 45m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Thrombomodulin (CD141) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Thrombomodulin (CD141) in serum, plasma, buffered solutions and supernatants.
A monoclonal antibody specific for Thrombomodulin has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known Thrombomodulin concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for Thrombomodulin are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of Thrombomodulin present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human Thrombomodulin.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-Thrombomodulin Red 1 x 400µl 2 x 400µl Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml Control Silver 2 vials 4 vials HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl Thrombomodulin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units Thrombomodulin Standard (lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials
- Research Areas
- FunctionThrombomodulin is a specific endothelial cell receptor that forms a 1:1 stoichiometric complex with thrombin. This complex is responsible for the conversion of protein C to the activated protein C (protein Ca). Once evolved, protein Ca scissions the activated cofactors of the coagulation mechanism, factor Va and factor VIIIa, and thereby reduces the amount of thrombin generated.
- Tissue specificityEndothelial cells are unique in synthesizing thrombomodulin.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in THBD are the cause of thrombophilia due to thrombomodulin defect (THR-THBD) [MIM:188040]. A hemostatic disorder characterized by a tendency to thrombosis.
Defects in THBD are a cause of susceptibility to hemolytic uremic syndrome atypical type 6 (AHUS6) [MIM:612926]. An atypical form of hemolytic uremic syndrome. It is a complex genetic disease characterized by microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, renal failure and absence of episodes of enterocolitis and diarrhea. In contrast to typical hemolytic uremic syndrome, atypical forms have a poorer prognosis, with higher death rates and frequent progression to end-stage renal disease. Note=Susceptibility to the development of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome can be conferred by mutations in various components of or regulatory factors in the complement cascade system. Other genes may play a role in modifying the phenotype.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C-type lectin domain.
Contains 6 EGF-like domains.
The iron and 2-oxoglutarate dependent 3-hydroxylation of aspartate and asparagine is (R) stereospecific within EGF domains.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD141 antigen
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Thrombomodulin (CD141) Human ELISA Kit (ab46508)
This product has been referenced in:
- Poursafa P et al. The relationship of air pollution and surrogate markers of endothelial dysfunction in a population-based sample of children. BMC Public Health 11:115 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21332998) »
- Zhang G et al. Constitutional flavonoids derived from Epimedium dose-dependently reduce incidence of steroid-associated osteonecrosis not via direct action by themselves on potential cellular targets. PLoS One 4:e6419 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19641620) »