For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 20% Glycerol, 0.75% Glycine
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.
||1/100 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
||1/100 - 1/500.
- FunctionMay play a role in hearing.
- Tissue specificityBrain-specific. Predominantly expressed in neurons, in their axons, and at the synapses of motoneurons in the spinal cord.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in TMPRSS5 may be a cause of deafness.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 1 SRCR domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- MGC141886 antibody
- MGC148044 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000238209 antibody
Anti-TMPRSS5 antibody images
Western blot - TMPRSS5 antibody (ab111695)
Anti-TMPRSS5 antibody (ab111695) at 1/1000 dilution + MCF7 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence - TMPRSS5 antibody (ab111695)
ab111695 at 1/200 dilution staining TMPRSS5 in methanol-fixed MCF7 cells by Immunofluorescence. Lower image shows cells co-stained with Hoechst 33342.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - TMPRSS5 antibody (ab111695)
ab111695 at 1/500 dilution staining TMPRSS5 in Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded U373 xenograft tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-TMPRSS5 antibody (ab111695)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"