For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThe IgG fraction of culture supernatant was purified by protein G affinity chromatography and 0.2 µm filtered.
- Clone numberMM0558-5B52
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.
||Use at an assay dependent dilution.
- FunctionMay play a role in hearing.
- Tissue specificityBrain-specific. Predominantly expressed in neurons, in their axons, and at the synapses of motoneurons in the spinal cord.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in TMPRSS5 may be a cause of deafness.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 1 SRCR domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- MGC141886 antibody
- MGC148044 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000238209 antibody
Anti-TMPRSS5 antibody [MM0558-5B52] images
References for Anti-TMPRSS5 antibody [MM0558-5B52] (ab89740)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"