Anti-TNF alpha antibody [P/T2] (ab9579)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody [P/T2]See all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [P/T2] to TNF alpha
- SpecificityThe antibody labels the cytoplasm of TNF-alpha secreting cells including macrophages.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 115-130 of TNF alpha.
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 2mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberP/T2
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9579 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
- DIF antibody
- Differentiation inducing factor antibody
- Macrophage cytotoxic factor antibody
- MCF antibody
- Necrosin antibody
- TNF a antibody
- TNF alpha antibody
- TNF antibody
- TNF Macrophage Derived antibody
- TNF Monocyte Derived antibody
- TNF Superfamily Member 2 antibody
- TNF superfamily, member 2 antibody
- TNF, macrophage derived antibody
- TNF, monocyte derived antibody
- TNF-a antibody
- TNF-alpha antibody
- TNFA antibody
- TNFA_HUMAN antibody
- TNFSF2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Membrane Form antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibody
- Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
Anti-TNF alpha antibody [P/T2] images
The antibody ab9579 labels the cytoplasm of TNF-a secreting cells including histiocytes/macrophages.
Overlay histogram showing THP1 cells stained with ab9579 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab9579, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in THP1 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Immunohistochemisty of Human adenocarcinoma uterum (with positive reactive macrophages).
Immunochistochemistry of Human mandibular cyst (granulomatous inflammation with positive macrophages).
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody [P/T2] (ab9579)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cui X et al. Resveratrol suppresses colitis and colon cancer associated with colitis. Cancer Prev Res (Phila Pa) 3:549-59 (2010). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20332304) »
- Emura I & Usuda H Histopathological and cytological examination of autopsy cases with multiple organ dysfunction syndromes. Pathol Int 60:443-51 (2010). ICC ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20518899) »