TNF alpha Monkey ELISA Kit (ab119560)
- Product nameTNF alpha Monkey ELISA KitSee all TNF alpha kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 8%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity6 U/ml
- Range28.1 U/ml - 1800 U/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Monkey
- Product overview
Abcam’s TNF alpha Monkey in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Monkey TNF alpha concentrations in cell culture supernatant and serum (baboon, cynomolgus).
This assay employs a monoclonal antibody for Monkey TNF alpha coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TNF alpha present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated monoclonal anti- Monkey TNF alpha antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated Streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TNF alpha bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 1 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 4 units Biotin-Conjugate anti-monkey TNF alpha polyclonal antibody 1 x 100µl Blue-Dye 1 x 400µl Green-Dye 1 x 400µl Microplate coated with monoclonal antibody to monkey TNF alpha (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Monkey TNF alpha Standard Lyophilized (3600 U/mL) 2 vials Red-Dye 1 x 400µl Sample Diluent 1 x 12ml Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml Streptavidin-HRP 1 x 150µl TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 protein
- soluble form
- TNF a
- TNF alpha
- TNF macrophage derived
- TNF monocyte derived
- TNF superfamily member 2
- Tumor necrosis factor
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119560 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for TNF alpha Monkey ELISA Kit (ab119560)
ab119560 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.