TNF alpha Mouse ELISA Kit (ab46105)
- Product nameTNF alpha Mouse ELISA KitSee all TNF alpha kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 8 553.5pg/ml 11.2 2% B 8 124pg/ml 6.4 5.1% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 10 528.7pg/ml 37.3 7% B 10 132.2pg/ml 10.8 8.1%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 25 pg/ml
- Range31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Assay time3h 45m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s TNF alpha mouse in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of TNF alpha in mouse serum, buffered solutions and cell culture medium.
A monoclonal antibody specific for TNF alpha has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known TNF alpha concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for TNF alpha are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of TNF alpha present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant mouse TNF alpha.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-TNFalpha Red 1 x 400µl 2 x 400µl Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl TNF alpha Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units TNF alpha Standard (lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 protein
- soluble form
- TNF a
- TNF alpha
- TNF macrophage derived
- TNF monocyte derived
- TNF superfamily member 2
- Tumor necrosis factor
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46105 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for TNF alpha Mouse ELISA Kit (ab46105)
ab46105 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.