Anti-TRA-1-60 (R) [TRA-1-60] antibody (ab16288)
- Product nameAnti-TRA-1-60 (R) [TRA-1-60] antibodySee all TRA-1-60 (R) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TRA-1-60] to TRA-1-60 (R)
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Flow Cyt, WB, IP, ICC, RIA, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Human
Human embryonal carcinoma cell line 2102Ep cl.2A6.
- General notesThe myeloma was fused with a spleen from a Balb/c mouse.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Purification notesTissue culture supernatant was cross flow concentrated and buffer exchanged to PBS
- Clone numberTRA-1-60
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16288 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20674000|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 250 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 235 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceThe monoclonal antibody TRA-1-60 is a marker of Human Embryonic Stem, Germ and Carcinoma Cells but Not Mouse Embryonic Stem, Germ or Carcinoma Cells. The core protein recognised by TRA-1-60 has not been identified but the antibody is thought to recognise carbohydrate epitopes associated with a high molecular weight proteoglycan. The TRA antibodies are named after the Battle of Trafalgar; TRA does not stand for "Tumor Rejection Antigen" as is believed by some.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane
Anti-TRA-1-60 (R) [TRA-1-60] antibody images
ab16288 staining TRA-1-60 (R) in Human H9 cells by Flow Cytometry. Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.2% Triton X-100. Cells were incubated with the primary antibody (1/1000) for 1 hour at 4°C. Gating Strategy: Unstained H9 cells.
All lanes : Anti-TRA-1-60 (R) [TRA-1-60] antibody (ab16288) at 10 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat F(ab')2 polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgM - mu chain (HRP) (ab5930) at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 235 kDa
Observed band size : 250 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
As expected, ab16288 recognizes a band in Human Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate but not Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate. The smear above the main band is due to protein glycosylation. The Western Blot profile is as expected for the TRA-1-60 monoclonal antibody.
Anti-TRA-1-60 antibody, ab16288, can be used as a marker of human embryonic stem cells. DAPI staining is shown in the top panel while TRA-1-81 staining with ab16288 is shown in the lower panel.
ab16288 staining the Embryonic Stem Cell Marker in HUES7 cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunoflurescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton and blocked in 10% serum for 1 hour at 24°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody, dilution 1/500 (1% Serum, 0.1% Triton in PBS), for 1 hour at 37°C. An Alexa Fluor® 647-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG, dilution 1/100, was used as secondary antibody.
References for Anti-TRA-1-60 (R) [TRA-1-60] antibody (ab16288)
This product has been referenced in:
- Soteriou D et al. Comparative proteomic analysis of supportive and unsupportive extracellular matrix substrates for human embryonic stem cell maintenance. J Biol Chem 288:18716-31 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23658023) »
- Gafni O et al. Derivation of novel human ground state naive pluripotent stem cells. Nature N/A:N/A (2013). Human . Read more (PubMed: 24172903) »