trans-Retinoic Acid (ab120728)
- Product nametrans-Retinoic Acid
- DescriptionVitamin A metabolite. Stem cell differentiator.
- Biological descriptionVitamin A metabolite. Induces apoptosis, shows anti-mitotic and anti-tumour activity. Differentiates various stem cells and neural progenitor cells.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name3,7-Dimethyl-9-(2,6,6-trimethyl-1-cyclohexen-1-yl)-2E,4E,6E,8E-nonatetraenoic acid
- Molecular Weight300.44
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC20H28O2
- CAS Number302-79-4
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120728 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
trans-Retinoic Acid images
ab19857 staining Oct4 in F9 cells treated with trans-retinoic acid (ab120728), by ICC/IF. Decrease of Oct4 expression correlates with increased concentration of trans-retinoic acid, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 2 days in media containing different concentrations of ab120728 (trans-retinoic acid) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab19857 (1 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for trans-Retinoic Acid (ab120728)
This product has been referenced in:
- Karsy M et al. All-trans retinoic acid modulates cancer stem cells of glioblastoma multiforme in an MAPK-dependent manner. Anticancer Res 30:4915-20 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 21187470) »
- Guo J et al. Antitumor effects of all-trans-retinoic acid on cultured human pancreatic cancer cells. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:443-8 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16509872) »
- Guo JM et al. The effects of all-trans-retinoic acid on cell cycle and alkaline phosphatase activity in pancreatic cancer cells. Med Chem 2:457-61 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 17017984) »