U-87 MG (Human glioblastoma-astrocytoma, epithelial-like cell line) Nuclear Lysate (ab14903)
- Product nameU-87 MG (Human glioblastoma-astrocytoma, epithelial-like cell line) Nuclear Lysate
- General notesExtracts have been quality control tested by Western blot and the Electrophoretic Mobility Shift Assay (EMSA). To ensure stability, we recommend aliquoting the extracts into single-use fractions and then storing them at -80ºC.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, 20mM HEPES, 100mM Potassium Chloride, 1mM Magnesium Chloride, 0.5mM PMSF, 0.5mM DTT. pH 7.9
- Concentration information loading...
- Research Areas
- BackgroundGlioblastoma is the highest dedifferentiated form of astrocytic brain tumours, and it is refractory to chemotherapy in most cases. U-87 MG (malignant glioma) cells are used as an vitro model of human glioblastoma cells to investigate the cytotoxic effect of chemotherapeutic drugs towards cancer cells. The lysate is a good positive control for prostate apoptosis response-4 (Par-4) which is upregulated in prostate tumor cells undergoing apoptosis (several Abcam Par-4 abs). It is also a good positive control for Alpha-1-ACT, a serine protease inhibitor tightly associated with amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease (AD) and in normal aged human and monkey brain.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for U-87 MG (Human glioblastoma-astrocytoma, epithelial-like cell line) Nuclear Lysate (ab14903)
ab14903 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.