uPA (URK) Human ELISA kit (ab119611)
- Product nameuPA (URK) Human ELISA kitSee all Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 5 pg/ml
- Range62.5 pg/ml - 4000 pg/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Human uPA (URK) in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Human uPA in cell culture supernatants, serum and plasma (heparin, EDTA).
A uPA specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for uPA is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Human uPA amount of sample captured in plate.
Plasminogen activator,urokinase (PLAU, uPA) converts plasminogen to plasmin. Plasmin is involved in processing of amyloid precursor protein and degrades secreted and aggregated amyloid-beta, a hallmark of Alzheimer disease (AD). Urokinase has a molecular mass of about 54 kD and is composed of 2 disulfide-linked chains, A and B, of molecular masses 18 kD and 33 kD, respectively. It localized on 10q24. uPA facilitates cell migration by localizing proteolisys on the cell surface and by inducing intracellular signalling pathways. In human vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC), uPA stimulates migration via the uPA receptor (uPAR) signalling complex containing TYK2 and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-K).
Store at 4°C for frequent use, at -20°C for infrequent use. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Anti-Human uPA antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 130µl Biotinylated anti-Human uPA antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant Human uPA standard 2 x 10ng Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution 1 x 10ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionSpecifically cleave the zymogen plasminogen to form the active enzyme plasmin.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the prostate gland and prostate cancers.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 kringle domain.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-158 and Ser-323 abolishes proadhesive ability but does not interfere with receptor binding.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Plasminogen activator urinary
- u PA
- U-plasminogen activator
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator chain B
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119611 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for uPA (URK) Human ELISA kit (ab119611)
ab119611 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.