Anti-VCAM1 antibody [1.BB.619] (ab61993)
- Product nameAnti-VCAM1 antibody [1.BB.619]See all VCAM1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [1.BB.619] to VCAM1
- SpecificityThis antibody recognizes all known isoforms of mouse VCAM1.
- Tested applicationsInhibition Assay, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Full length mouse VCAM1 protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1.BB.619
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61993 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Inhib: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Inhibition of lymphopoiesis in Whitlock-Witte long term marrow cultures.
Is unsuitable for IHC-P.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionImportant in cell-cell recognition. Appears to function in leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion. Interacts with the beta-1 integrin VLA4 on leukocytes, and mediates both adhesion and signal transduction. The VCAM1/VLA4 interaction may play a pathophysiologic role both in immune responses and in leukocyte emigration to sites of inflammation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed on inflammed vascular endothelium, as well as on macrophage-like and dendritic cell types in both normal and inflammed tissue.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainEither the first or the fourth Ig-like C2-type domain is required for VLA4-dependent cell adhesion.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD 106 antibody
- CD106 antibody
- CD106 Antigen antibody
- DKFZp779G2333 antibody
- INCAM 100 antibody
- INCAM-100 antibody
- L1CAM antibody
- MGC99561 antibody
- V-CAM 1 antibody
- Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule 1 antibody
- Vascular cell adhesion protein 1 antibody
- VCAM 1 antibody
- VCAM-1 antibody
- VCAM1 antibody
- VCAM1_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-VCAM1 antibody [1.BB.619] (ab61993)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ratliff BB et al. Mesenchymal stem cells, used as bait, disclose tissue binding sites: a tool in the search for the niche? Am J Pathol 177:873-83 (2010). Inhibition Assay . Read more (PubMed: 20558574) »