Anti-VDAC1/Porin antibody (HRP) (ab40747)
- Product nameAnti-VDAC1/Porin antibody (HRP)See all VDAC1/Porin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VDAC1/Porin (HRP)
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Pig, Zebrafish, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 150 - 250 of Human VDAC1/Porin - HRP .
(Peptide available as ab16131.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Caco-2 Whole Cell HepG2 Whole Cell Rat Kidney Tissue HeLa Whole Cell SW480 Whole Cell Mouse Skeletal Muscle Tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40747 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).Can be blocked with Human VDAC1 / Porin peptide (ab16131).|
- FunctionForms a channel through the mitochondrial outer membrane and also the plasma membrane. The channel at the outer mitochondrial membrane allows diffusion of small hydrophilic molecules; in the plasma membrane it is involved in cell volume regulation and apoptosis. It adopts an open conformation at low or zero membrane potential and a closed conformation at potentials above 30-40 mV. The open state has a weak anion selectivity whereas the closed state is cation-selective. May participate in the formation of the permeability transition pore complex (PTPC) responsible for the release of mitochondrial products that triggers apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic mitochondrial porin family.
- DomainConsists mainly of a membrane-spanning beta-barrel formed by 19 beta-strands. The helical N-terminus folds back into the pore opening and plays a role in voltage-gated channel activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 416320 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 282119 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7416 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22333 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397010 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 83529 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 334582 Zebrafish
- Omim: 604492 Human
- SwissProt: P45879 Cow
- SwissProt: P21796 Human
- SwissProt: Q60932 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9MZ16 Pig
- SwissProt: Q9TT15 Rabbit
- SwissProt: Q9Z2L0 Rat
- Unigene: 519320 Human
- Unigene: 709372 Human
- Unigene: 3555 Mouse
- Unigene: 470023 Mouse
- Unigene: 54594 Rat
- hVDAC1 antibody
- MGC111064 antibody
- Mithocondrial porin antibody
- Mitochondrial Porin antibody
- Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin 1 antibody
- Plasmalemmal porin antibody
- Porin 31 HL antibody
- Porin 31 HM antibody
- Porin 31HL antibody
- Porin 31HM antibody
- Porin antibody
- PORIN-31-HL antibody
- VDAC antibody
- VDAC-1 antibody
- Vdac1 antibody
- VDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Voltage Dependent Anion Channel 1 antibody
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1 antibody
Anti-VDAC1/Porin antibody (HRP) images
All lanes : Anti-VDAC1/Porin antibody (HRP) (ab40747) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 :
Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab3950)
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Rat Kidney Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 :
SW480 (Human colon adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab3957)
Lane 6 :
Skeletal Muscle (Mouse) Tissue Lysate (ab29711)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Observed band size : 34 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
IHC image of ab40747 staining VDAC1/Porin in Human Liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab40747, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-VDAC1/Porin antibody (HRP) (ab40747)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sakellariou G et al. Studies of mitochondrial and non-mitochondrial sources implicate NADPH oxidase(s) in the increased skeletal muscle superoxide generation that occurs during contractile activity. Antioxid Redox Signal : (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23050834) »
- Hall ME et al. Systolic dysfunction in cardiac-specific ligand-inducible MerCreMer transgenic mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H253-60 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21536850) »