Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab10523)
- Product nameAnti-VDAC/Porin antibodySee all VDAC/Porin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VDAC/Porin
- SpecificityThe immunogen used in producing this product has considerable homology (60-70%) with the human, rat, and mouse VDAC isoforms VDAC2 and VDAC3.
- Tested applicationsDot Blot more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 152-169 of Human VDAC/Porin (VDAC1).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesWhole antiserum is fractionated and then further purified by ion-exchange chromatography to provide the IgG fraction of antiserum that is essentially free of other rabbit serum proteins.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10523 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionForms a channel through the mitochondrial outer membrane and also the plasma membrane. The channel at the outer mitochondrial membrane allows diffusion of small hydrophilic molecules; in the plasma membrane it is involved in cell volume regulation and apoptosis. It adopts an open conformation at low or zero membrane potential and a closed conformation at potentials above 30-40 mV. The open state has a weak anion selectivity whereas the closed state is cation-selective. May participate in the formation of the permeability transition pore complex (PTPC) responsible for the release of mitochondrial products that triggers apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic mitochondrial porin family.
- DomainConsists mainly of a membrane-spanning beta-barrel formed by 19 beta-strands. The helical N-terminus folds back into the pore opening and plays a role in voltage-gated channel activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cell membrane.
- N2441 antibody
- OMP2 antibody
- POR1 antibody
- hVDAC1 antibody
- MGC111064 antibody
- Mitochondrial Porin antibody
- Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin 1 antibody
- Plasmalemmal porin antibody
- Porin 31HL antibody
- Porin 31HM antibody
- VDAC antibody
- VDAC-1 antibody
- Vdac1 antibody
- VDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Voltage dependent anion channel 1 antibody
- Voltage dependent anion selective channel protein 1 antibody
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1 antibody
- YNL055C antibody
- YNL2441C antibody
References for Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab10523)
ab10523 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.