Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab28777)
- Product nameAnti-VDAC/Porin antibodySee all VDAC/Porin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VDAC/Porin
- Specificityab28777 recognises Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin (VDAC1).
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Cow, Dog, Pig, Zebrafish
A region within synthetic peptide: SAKVNNSSLI GLGYTQTLKP GIKLTLSALL DGKNVNAGGH KLGLGLEFQA, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 234-283 of Human VDAC/Porin
- Positive control
- HepG2 cell lysate. Human liver tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28777 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- FunctionForms a channel through the mitochondrial outer membrane and also the plasma membrane. The channel at the outer mitochondrial membrane allows diffusion of small hydrophilic molecules; in the plasma membrane it is involved in cell volume regulation and apoptosis. It adopts an open conformation at low or zero membrane potential and a closed conformation at potentials above 30-40 mV. The open state has a weak anion selectivity whereas the closed state is cation-selective. May participate in the formation of the permeability transition pore complex (PTPC) responsible for the release of mitochondrial products that triggers apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic mitochondrial porin family.
- DomainConsists mainly of a membrane-spanning beta-barrel formed by 19 beta-strands. The helical N-terminus folds back into the pore opening and plays a role in voltage-gated channel activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 282119 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7416 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22333 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397010 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 83529 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 334582 Zebrafish
- Omim: 604492 Human
- SwissProt: P45879 Cow
- SwissProt: P21796 Human
- SwissProt: Q60932 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9MZ16 Pig
- SwissProt: Q9Z2L0 Rat
- Unigene: 519320 Human
- Unigene: 709506 Human
- Unigene: 3555 Mouse
- Unigene: 54594 Rat
- N2441 antibody
- OMP2 antibody
- POR1 antibody
- hVDAC1 antibody
- MGC111064 antibody
- Mitochondrial Porin antibody
- Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin 1 antibody
- Plasmalemmal porin antibody
- Porin 31HL antibody
- Porin 31HM antibody
- VDAC antibody
- VDAC-1 antibody
- Vdac1 antibody
- VDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Voltage dependent anion channel 1 antibody
- Voltage dependent anion selective channel protein 1 antibody
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1 antibody
- YNL055C antibody
- YNL2441C antibody
Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody images
Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab28777) at 1.25 µg/ml + HepG2 cell lysate
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Observed band size : 32 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 42 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.Gel concentration 12%
ab28777, at a concentration of 6.0µg/ml, staining human VDAC1 in (liver) by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue. Arrows indicate positively labelled cells (hepatocytes). Magnification 400X.ab28777, at a concentration of 6.0µg/ml, staining human VDAC1 in (liver) by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue. Arrows indicate positively labelled cells (hepatocytes). Magnification 400X.
References for Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab28777)
This product has been referenced in:
- Rousset F et al. Heme oxygenase-1 regulates matrix metalloproteinase MMP-1 secretion and chondrocyte cell death via Nox4 NADPH oxidase activity in chondrocytes. PLoS One 8:e66478 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23840483) »
- Arduíno DM et al. Mitochondrial metabolism in Parkinson's disease impairs quality control autophagy by hampering microtubule-dependent traffic. Hum Mol Genet 21:4680-702 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22843496) »