Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab34726)
- Product nameAnti-VDAC/Porin antibodySee all VDAC/Porin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VDAC/Porin
- SpecificityCross reactivity will occur with all forms of VDACs including VDAC1, VDAC2 (4 isoforms) and VDAC3(2 isoforms). This broad reactivity makes ab34726 useful as a loading control (mitochondrial).
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, ICC, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rabbit, Cow, Pig, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide: NDGTEFGGSIYQK, corresponding to amino acids 185-197 of Human VDAC/Porin.
- Positive control
- WB: rat heart whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was affinity purified from monospecific antiserum.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34726 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/10000 - 1/50000.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100. Fixation with PFA requires a denaturing step, see Abreview by M.Schrader.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionForms a channel through the mitochondrial outer membrane and also the plasma membrane. The channel at the outer mitochondrial membrane allows diffusion of small hydrophilic molecules; in the plasma membrane it is involved in cell volume regulation and apoptosis. It adopts an open conformation at low or zero membrane potential and a closed conformation at potentials above 30-40 mV. The open state has a weak anion selectivity whereas the closed state is cation-selective. May participate in the formation of the permeability transition pore complex (PTPC) responsible for the release of mitochondrial products that triggers apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic mitochondrial porin family.
- DomainConsists mainly of a membrane-spanning beta-barrel formed by 19 beta-strands. The helical N-terminus folds back into the pore opening and plays a role in voltage-gated channel activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 282119 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7416 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22333 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397010 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 100008751 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 83529 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 334582 Zebrafish
- Omim: 604492 Human
- SwissProt: P45879 Cow
- SwissProt: P21796 Human
- SwissProt: Q60932 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9MZ16 Pig
- SwissProt: Q9TT15 Rabbit
- SwissProt: Q9Z2L0 Rat
- Unigene: 519320 Human
- Unigene: 709506 Human
- Unigene: 3555 Mouse
- Unigene: 54594 Rat
- N2441 antibody
- OMP2 antibody
- POR1 antibody
- hVDAC1 antibody
- MGC111064 antibody
- Mitochondrial Porin antibody
- Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin 1 antibody
- Plasmalemmal porin antibody
- Porin 31 HL antibody
- Porin 31HL antibody
- Porin 31HM antibody
- VDAC 1 antibody
- VDAC antibody
- VDAC-1 antibody
- VDAC1 antibody
- VDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Voltage dependent anion channel 1 antibody
- Voltage dependent anion selective channel protein 1 antibody
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1 antibody
- YNL055C antibody
- YNL2441C antibody
Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody images
IHC image of ab34726 staining in human liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab34726, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab34726 at a 1/100 dilution staining VDAC/Porin in COS7 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
The antibody does not work with a standard fixation for ICC/IF as it does not recognize the non-denatured protein. However, applying a fixation for hidden antigens (modified from Peränen J, Rikkonen M, Kääriäinen L. A method for exposing hidden antigenic sites in paraformaldehyde-fixed cultured cells, applied to initially unreactive antibodies. J Histochem Cytochem. 1993 Mar41(3):447-54) results in very good recognition of VDAC/porin. Denaturing is achieved by Guanidine hydrochloride in 50 mM Tris-HCL pH 7.5 after fixation (3% pFA, 0.05% GA) and permeabilization (0.2% TX-100). The secondary used was a TRITC conjugated donkey anti-rabbit used at a 1/100 dilution.
References for Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab34726)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lu Q et al. Ca²?/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II contributes to hypoxic ischemic cell death in neonatal hippocampal slice cultures. PLoS One 8:e70750 (2013). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23976956) »
- Picca A et al. Aging and Calorie Restriction Oppositely Affect Mitochondrial Biogenesis through TFAM Binding at Both Origins of Mitochondrial DNA Replication in Rat Liver. PLoS One 8:e74644 (2013). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 24058615) »