Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab96140)
- Product nameAnti-VDAC/Porin antibodySee all VDAC/Porin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VDAC/Porin
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Cow, Dog, Pig
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 150 - 250 of Human VDAC/Porin.
(Peptide available as ab109894.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate as well as the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; HepG2; HEK293.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96140 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).Can be blocked with VDAC/Porin peptide (ab109894).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionForms a channel through the mitochondrial outer membrane and also the plasma membrane. The channel at the outer mitochondrial membrane allows diffusion of small hydrophilic molecules; in the plasma membrane it is involved in cell volume regulation and apoptosis. It adopts an open conformation at low or zero membrane potential and a closed conformation at potentials above 30-40 mV. The open state has a weak anion selectivity whereas the closed state is cation-selective. May participate in the formation of the permeability transition pore complex (PTPC) responsible for the release of mitochondrial products that triggers apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic mitochondrial porin family.
- DomainConsists mainly of a membrane-spanning beta-barrel formed by 19 beta-strands. The helical N-terminus folds back into the pore opening and plays a role in voltage-gated channel activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 282119 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7416 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22333 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397010 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 100008751 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 83529 Rat
- Omim: 604492 Human
- SwissProt: P45879 Cow
- SwissProt: P21796 Human
- SwissProt: Q60932 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9MZ16 Pig
- SwissProt: Q9TT15 Rabbit
- SwissProt: Q9Z2L0 Rat
- Unigene: 519320 Human
- Unigene: 709506 Human
- Unigene: 3555 Mouse
- Unigene: 54594 Rat
- N2441 antibody
- OMP2 antibody
- POR1 antibody
- hVDAC1 antibody
- MGC111064 antibody
- Mitochondrial Porin antibody
- Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin 1 antibody
- Plasmalemmal porin antibody
- Porin 31HL antibody
- Porin 31HM antibody
- VDAC antibody
- VDAC-1 antibody
- VDAC1 antibody
- VDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Voltage dependent anion channel 1 antibody
- Voltage dependent anion selective channel protein 1 antibody
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1 antibody
- YNL055C antibody
- YNL2441C antibody
Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab96140) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Skeletal Muscle (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29330)
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Observed band size : 31 kDa
Additional bands at : 44 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab96140 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab96140 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab96140)
ab96140 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.