VEGF Rat ELISA Kit (ab100787)
- Product nameVEGF Rat ELISA KitSee all VEGF kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
- Range0.82 pg/ml - 200 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 92.67 81% - 102% Tissue Extracts 94.34 82% - 102%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Product overview
Abcam’s VEGF Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Rat VEGF in cell lysates and tissue lysates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Rat VEGF coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and VEGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Rat VEGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of VEGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 120X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysate Buffer 1 x 5ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-rat VEGF 2 vials Recombinant rat VEGF Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml VEGF Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit
- Research Areas
- RelevanceVEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor) is a homodimeric, disulfide-linked glycoprotein involved in angiogenesis which promotes tumor progression and metastasis. It exhibits potent mitogenic and permeability inducing properties specific for the vascular endothelium. Of the four isoforms of VEGF, the smaller two, VEGF 165 and VEGF 121, are secreted proteins and act as diffusible agents, whereas the larger two (VEGF 189 and VEGF 206) remain cell associated.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor
- Vascular endothelial growth factor A
- Vascular permeability factor
- VEGF A
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100787 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for VEGF Rat ELISA Kit (ab100787)
ab100787 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.