Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 antibody [mV1001.3m-h] (ab42228)
- Product nameAnti-VEGF Receptor 2 antibody [mV1001.3m-h]See all VEGF Receptor 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mV1001.3m-h] to VEGF Receptor 2
- SpecificityThis antibody shows no cross-reactivity with VEGF Receptor 1.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, WB, IP, Functional Studies more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified fragment, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 30-200 of Human VEGF Receptor 2
- Positive control
- Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVECs).
- Storage instructionsAliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermV1001.3m-h
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42228 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 2 (ab11939). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 5µg/ml with ab11939 as Detection.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 151 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use a concentration of 5 - 25 µg/ml. This antibody can induce VEGF Receptor 2 tyrosine phosphorylation in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVECs).|
- FunctionReceptor for VEGF or VEGFC. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. The VEGF-kinase ligand/receptor signaling system plays a key role in vascular development and regulation of vascular permeability. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KDR are associated with susceptibility to hemangioma capillary infantile (HCI) [MIM:602089]. HCI are benign, highly proliferative lesions involving aberrant localized growth of capillary endothelium. They are the most common tumor of infancy, occurring in up to 10% of all births. Hemangiomas tend to appear shortly after birth and show rapid neonatal growth for up to 12 months characterized by endothelial hypercellularity and increased numbers of mast cells. This phase is followed by slow involution at a rate of about 10% per year and replacement by fibrofatty stroma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Dephosphorylated by PTPRB. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-951, Tyr-996, Tyr-1054, Tyr-1059, Tyr-1175 and Tyr-1214.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD309 antibody
- CD309 antigen antibody
- Fetal liver kinase 1 antibody
- FLK-1 antibody
- FLK1 antibody
- KDR antibody
- Kinase insert domain receptor (a type III receptor tyrosine kinase) antibody
- Kinase insert domain receptor antibody
- KRD1 antibody
- Ly73 antibody
- Protein tyrosine kinase receptor FLK1 antibody
- Protein-tyrosine kinase receptor flk-1 antibody
- Tyrosine kinase growth factor receptor antibody
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 antibody
- VEGFR 2 antibody
- VEGFR antibody
- VEGFR-2 antibody
- VEGFR2 antibody
- VGFR2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 antibody [mV1001.3m-h] images
Standard curve for VEGF Receptor 2 (Analyte: ab54347); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [mV1001.3m-h] to VEGF Receptor 2 (ab42228) at 5µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 2 (ab11939) at 0.5µg/ml.
Lane 1 : unstimulated cells
Lane 2 : hVEGF at 20 ng/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 antibody [mV1001.3m-h] (ab42228) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 4 : Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 antibody [mV1001.3m-h] (ab42228) at 25 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HUVECs
Lane 2 : HUVECs
Lane 3 : HUVECs
Lane 4 : HUVECs
Predicted band size : 151 kDa
Observed band size : 220 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 antibody [mV1001.3m-h] (ab42228)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ptaszynska MM et al. Positive Feedback between Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-A and Autotaxin in Ovarian Cancer Cells. Mol Cancer Res 6:352-63 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18337445) »