VEGFA full length protein (ab117230)
- Product nameVEGFA full length proteinSee all VEGFA proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceAPMAEGEHKT HEVVKFMDVY QRSYCRPIET LVDIFQEYPD EIEYIFKPSC VPLMRCGGCC NDEGLECVPT AEFNITMQIM RIKPHQSQHI GEMSFLQHSK CECRPKKDKA RQENPCGPCS ERRKHLFVQD PQTCKCSCKN TDSRCKARQL ELNERTCRCD KPRR
- Molecular weight19 kDa
- Amino acids27 to 190
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 90% PBS, 10% Trehalose
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with sterile phosphate-buffered saline containing at least 0.1% carrier protein.
- vascular endothelial growth factor
- Vascular endothelial growth factor A
- Vascular permeability factor
- VEGF A
- FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Binds to the FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2 receptors, heparan sulfate and heparin. NRP1/Neuropilin-1 binds isoforms VEGF-165 and VEGF-145. Isoform VEGF165B binds to KDR but does not activate downstream signaling pathways, does not activate angiogenesis and inhibits tumor growth.
- Tissue specificityIsoform VEGF189, isoform VEGF165 and isoform VEGF121 are widely expressed. Isoform VEGF206 and isoform VEGF145 are not widely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in VEGFA are a cause of susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 1 (MVCD1) [MIM:603933]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. VEGF121 is acidic and freely secreted. VEGF165 is more basic, has heparin-binding properties and, although a signicant proportion remains cell-associated, most is freely secreted. VEGF189 is very basic, it is cell-associated after secretion and is bound avidly by heparin and the extracellular matrix, although it may be released as a soluble form by heparin, heparinase or plasmin.
References for VEGFA full length protein (ab117230)
ab117230 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.