For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 49 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).
- FunctionMediates the uptake of glutamate into synaptic vesicles at presynaptic nerve terminals of excitatory neural cells. May also mediate the transport of inorganic phosphate.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in several regions of the brain including amygdala, cerebellum, cerebral cortex, hippocampus, frontal lobe, medulla, occipital lobe, putamen and temporal lobe.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sodium/anion cotransporter family. VGLUT subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle, secretory vesicle, synaptic vesicle membrane. Membrane. Cell junction, synapse, synaptosome.
Information by UniProt
- BNPI antibody
- Brain specific Na (+) dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter antibody
- Brain specific Na dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter antibody
Anti-VGluT1 antibody images
Western blot - VGLUT1 antibody (ab85922)
All lanes : Anti-VGluT1 antibody (ab85922) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human kidney tissue lysate - total protein (ab30203)
Lane 2 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 49 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Anti-VGluT1 antibody (ab85922)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"