For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIHC-P: 1/50 for 30 min at RT.
Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCa(2+)-regulated actin-binding protein.
- Tissue specificityMajor component of microvilli of intestinal epithelial cells and kidney proximal tubule cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the villin/gelsolin family.
Contains 6 gelsolin-like repeats.
Contains 1 HP (headpiece) domain.
- DomainConsists of a large core fragment, the N-terminal portion, and a small headpiece, the C-terminal portion. The headpiece binds F-actin strongly in both the presence and absence of calcium.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
Information by UniProt
- D2S1471 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000164145 antibody
- VIL antibody
Anti-Villin antibody images
References for Anti-Villin antibody (ab52102)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"