For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 0.1M Tris, 0.1M Glycine, pH 7.0
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa.
||1/100 - 1/500.
- FunctionCa(2+)-regulated actin-binding protein.
- Tissue specificityMajor component of microvilli of intestinal epithelial cells and kidney proximal tubule cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the villin/gelsolin family.
Contains 6 gelsolin-like repeats.
Contains 1 HP (headpiece) domain.
- DomainConsists of a large core fragment, the N-terminal portion, and a small headpiece, the C-terminal portion. The headpiece binds F-actin strongly in both the presence and absence of calcium.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
Information by UniProt
- D2S1471 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000164145 antibody
- VIL antibody
Anti-Villin antibody images
Western blot - Villin antibody (ab97512)
Anti-Villin antibody (ab97512) at 1/5000 dilution + HepG2 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size : 93 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Villin antibody (ab97512)
Immunohistochemical analysis of Villin in paraffin embedded A549 xenograft, using ab97512 at a 1/500 dilution.
References for Anti-Villin antibody (ab97512)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"