For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clone numberSPM226
- Light chain typekappa
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIHC-P: Ready to use for 30 min at room temperature.
Staining of formalin fixed tissue requires boiling tissue sections in 1mM EDTA pH 8.0 for 10-20 min followed by cooling at room temperature for 20 min.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCa(2+)-regulated actin-binding protein.
- Tissue specificityMajor component of microvilli of intestinal epithelial cells and kidney proximal tubule cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the villin/gelsolin family.
Contains 6 gelsolin-like repeats.
Contains 1 HP (headpiece) domain.
- DomainConsists of a large core fragment, the N-terminal portion, and a small headpiece, the C-terminal portion. The headpiece binds F-actin strongly in both the presence and absence of calcium.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
Information by UniProt
- D2S1471 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000164145 antibody
- VIL antibody
Anti-Villin antibody [SPM226], prediluted images
References for Anti-Villin antibody [SPM226], prediluted (ab54194)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"