Von Willebrand Factor (VWF) Human ELISA Kit (ab108918)
- Product nameVon Willebrand Factor (VWF) Human ELISA KitSee all Von Willebrand Factor kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity= 2.5 mU/ml
- Range2.5 mU/ml - 80 mU/ml
- Assay time5h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Von Willebrand Factor (VWF) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Human Von Willebrand Factor in plasma, serum, and cell culture supernatants.
A Von Willebrand Factor specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Von Willebrand Factor specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Von Willebrand Factor captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 80X Biotinylated Human Von Williebrand Factor Antibody 1 x 100µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Von Williebrand Factor Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Von Williebrand Factor Standard 1 vial
- Research Areas
- FunctionImportant in the maintenance of hemostasis, it promotes adhesion of platelets to the sites of vascular injury by forming a molecular bridge between sub-endothelial collagen matrix and platelet-surface receptor complex GPIb-IX-V. Also acts as a chaperone for coagulation factor VIII, delivering it to the site of injury, stabilizing its heterodimeric structure and protecting it from premature clearance from plasma.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in VWF are the cause of von Willebrand disease type 1 (VWD1) [MIM:193400]. A common hemorrhagic disorder due to defects in von Willebrand factor protein and resulting in impaired platelet aggregation. Von Willebrand disease type 1 is characterized by partial quantitative deficiency of circulating von Willebrand factor, that is otherwise structurally and functionally normal. Clinical manifestations are mucocutaneous bleeding, such as epistaxis and menorrhagia, and prolonged bleeding after surgery or trauma.
Defects in VWF are the cause of von Willebrand disease type 2 (VWD2) [MIM:613554]. A hemorrhagic disorder due to defects in von Willebrand factor protein and resulting in impaired platelet aggregation. Von Willebrand disease type 2 is characterized by qualitative deficiency and functional anomalies of von Willebrand factor. It is divided in different subtypes including 2A, 2B, 2M and 2N (Normandy variant). The mutant VWF protein in types 2A, 2B and 2M are defective in their platelet-dependent function, whereas the mutant protein in type 2N is defective in its ability to bind factor VIII. Clinical manifestations are mucocutaneous bleeding, such as epistaxis and menorrhagia, and prolonged bleeding after surgery or trauma.
Defects in VWF are the cause of von Willebrand disease type 3 (VWD3) [MIM:277480]. A severe hemorrhagic disorder due to a total or near total absence of von Willebrand factor in the plasma and cellular compartments, also leading to a profound deficiency of plasmatic factor VIII. Bleeding usually starts in infancy and can include epistaxis, recurrent mucocutaneous bleeding, excessive bleeding after minor trauma, and hemarthroses.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CTCK (C-terminal cystine knot-like) domain.
Contains 4 TIL (trypsin inhibitory-like) domains.
Contains 3 VWFA domains.
Contains 3 VWFC domains.
Contains 4 VWFD domains.
- DomainThe von Willebrand antigen 2 is required for multimerization of vWF and for its targeting to storage granules.
modificationsAll cysteine residues are involved in intrachain or interchain disulfide bonds.
N- and O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Localized to storage granules.
- Coagulation factor VIII
- coagulation factor VIII VWF
- Factor VIII related antigen
- FACTOR VIII-VON WILLEBRAND FACTOR
- von Willebrand antigen 2
- von Willebrand antigen 2
- Von Willebrand antigen II
- von Willebrand antigen II
- Von Willebrand disease
- von Willebrand factor
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108918 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Von Willebrand Factor (VWF) Human ELISA Kit (ab108918)
ab108918 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.