For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Research areas
Application notesThis antibody gave a positive result in ELISA against the immunizing peptide. Antibody detection limit dilution 1:4,000.
Western Blot: Preliminary experiments in Human Brain, Kidney, Liver and Lung lysates gave no specific signal but low background (at antibody concentration up to 1ug/ml).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionReceptor for opioid growth factor (OGF), also known as Met-enkephalin. Seems to be involved in growth regulation.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in the heart and liver, moderately in skeletal muscle and kidney and to a lesser extent in brain and pancreas. Expressed in fetal tissues including liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the opioid growth factor receptor family.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. The OGF/OGFR complex is probably translocated to the nucleus.
Information by UniProt
- 7 60 protein antibody
- HGNC:15768 antibody
- Met enkephalin receptor antibody
References for Anti-Zeta Opioid Receptor antibody (ab42493)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"