Key features and details
- Potent, selective and cell-permeable BET bromodomain inhibitor
- CAS Number: 1268524-70-4
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(+)-JQ1, BET bromodomain inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, selective and cell-permeable BET bromodomain inhibitor
- (S)-(+)-tert-Butyl 2-(4-(4-chlorophenyl)-2,3,9-trimethyl-6H-thieno[3,2-f][1,2,4]triazolo[4,3-a][1,4]diazepin-6-yl)acetate
- 6H-Thieno[3,2-f][1,2,4]triazolo[4,3-a][1,4]diazepine-6-acetic acid, 4-(4-chlorophenyl)-2,3,9-trimethyl-, 1,1-dimethylethyl ester, (6S)-
Chemical name(6S)-4-(4-Chlorophenyl)-2,3,9-trimethyl-6H-thieno[3,2-f][1,2,4]triazolo[4,3-a][1,4]diazepine-6-acetic acid tert-butyl ester
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Cell Biology
- Proteolysis / Ubiquitin
- Proteasome / Ubiquitin
- Ubiquitin E3 Enzymes
- RING Finger E3 Ligase
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141498 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Yamamoto T et al. BRD4 promotes metastatic potential in oral squamous cell carcinoma through the epigenetic regulation of the MMP2 gene. Br J Cancer N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32499570
- Kim E et al. Angelica gigas Nakai and Decursin Downregulate Myc Expression to Promote Cell Death in B-cell Lymphoma. Sci Rep 8:10590 (2018). PubMed: 30002430
- Kramer M et al. Proliferation and Survival of Embryonic Sympathetic Neuroblasts by MYCN and Activated ALK Signaling. J Neurosci 36:10425-10439 (2016). PubMed: 27707976