Key features and details
- Non-competitive NMDA antagonist. 1 ml water soluble pack.
- CAS Number: 77086-22-7
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(+)-MK 801 maleate (Dizocilpine) (mM/ml), NMDA antagonist
DescriptionNon-competitive NMDA antagonist. 1 ml water soluble pack.
Potent, selective non-competitive NMDA receptor antagonist. Open channel blocker of the NMDA receptor operated ion channel.
Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration. Find out more.
Chemical name(5S,10R)-(+)-5-Methyl-10,11-dihydro-5H-dibenzo[a,d]cyclohepten-5,10-imine maleate
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144485 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Ye S et al. Expanding the genetic code in Xenopus laevis oocytes. Chembiochem 14:230-5 (2013). PubMed: 23292655
- Maroto M et al. Chondroitin sulfate, a major component of the perineuronal net, elicits inward currents, cell depolarization, and calcium transients by acting on AMPA and kainate receptors of hippocampal neurons. J Neurochem : (2013). PubMed: 23350646
- Zhu S et al. Allosteric signaling and dynamics of the clamshell-like NMDA receptor GluN1 N-terminal domain. Nat Struct Mol Biol 20:477-85 (2013). PubMed: 23454977
- Perederiy JV et al. Neural injury alters proliferation and integration of adult-generated neurons in the dentate gyrus. J Neurosci 33:4754-67 (2013). PubMed: 23486947
- Tovar KR et al. Triheteromeric NMDA receptors at hippocampal synapses. J Neurosci 33:9150-60 (2013). PubMed: 23699525