Key features and details
- Non-competitive NMDA antagonist
- CAS Number: 77086-22-7
- Soluble in water to 25 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(+)-MK 801 maleate (Dizocilpine), Non-competitive NMDA antagonist
DescriptionNon-competitive NMDA antagonist
Potent, selective non-competitive NMDA receptor antagonist. Open channel blocker of the NMDA receptor operated ion channel.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab144485) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Chemical name(5S,10R)-(+)-5-Methyl-10,11-dihydro-5H-dibenzo[a,d]cyclohepten-5,10-imine maleate
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab120027, (+)-MK 801 maleate (Dizocilpine), Non-competitive NMDA antagonist
CDPPB does not influence spontaneous locomotor activity but attenuates MK-801-induced hyperlocomotion. Animals were injected (s.c./i.p.) with PBS/Vehicle (0/0), 0.2 mg/kg MK-801/Vehicle (0.2/0), 0.2 mg/kg MK-801/3 mg/kg CDPPB (0.2/3) or 0.2 mg/kg MK-801/10 mg/kg CDPPB (0.2/10) 20 minutes before being placed in the activity chamber. Activity was recorded for 30 minutes. Data are expressed as mean ± SEM of distance traveled (n=6-7). **p<0.01 vs. 0.2 mg/kg MK-801/Vehicle group (One-way ANOVA, Bonferroni’s posttest).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120027 has been referenced in 37 publications.
- Chen J et al. Nicotine Suppresses the Invasiveness of Human Trophoblasts by Downregulation of CXCL12 Expression through the Alpha-7 Subunit of the Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor. Reprod Sci 27:916-924 (2020). PubMed: 31933163
- Liu CW et al. Hypothermia but not NMDA receptor antagonism protects against stroke induced by distal middle cerebral arterial occlusion in mice. PLoS One 15:e0229499 (2020). PubMed: 32126102
- Tognatta R et al. Astrocytes Are Required for Oligodendrocyte Survival and Maintenance of Myelin Compaction and Integrity. Front Cell Neurosci 14:74 (2020). PubMed: 32300294
- Robin LM et al. Astroglial CB1 Receptors Determine Synaptic D-Serine Availability to Enable Recognition Memory. Neuron 98:935-944.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29779943
- Jazvinšcak Jembrek M et al. Neuroprotective effect of zolpidem against glutamate-induced toxicity is mediated via the PI3K/Akt pathway and inhibited by PK11195. Toxicology 406-407:58-69 (2018). PubMed: 29859204