Product name1-Oleoyl-2-acetyl-sn-glycerol, PKC activator
DescriptionPhospholipid-dependent protein kinase C (PKC) activator.
- (9Z)-9-Octadecenoic Acid 2-(Acetyloxy)-3-hydroxypropyl Ester
Cell-permeable analog of the PKC-activating second messenger diacylglycerol (DAG). Activates PKC in platelets, resulting in the phosphorylation of a 40 kDa protein. Metabolized to its corresponding phosphatidic acid (1-oleoyl-2-acetyl-3-phosphoglycerol).
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewDMSO, ethanol
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Florin-Christensen J et al. New patterns of diacylglycerol metabolism in intact cells. Biochem J 289 ( Pt 3):783-8 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 8435076) »
- Benz I et al. Opposite effects of angiotensin II and the protein kinase C activator OAG on cardiac Na+ channels. J Membr Biol 130:183-90 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1337916) »
- Haeffner EW & Wittmann U Ca2+ and partly GTP gamma S-dependent particulate phospholipase C hydrolyzing phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate is inhibited by diacyl(acyl-acetyl) glycerols. J Lipid Mediat 5:237-48 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1334719) »
- Kaibuchi K et al. Synergistic functions of protein phosphorylation and calcium mobilization in platelet activation. J Biol Chem 258:6701-4 (1983). Read more (PubMed: 6406488) »