Key features and details
- Detergent. 10% solution Nonidet P-40 in water.
- CAS Number: 9002-93-1
- Form / State: Liquid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name10% NP-40, Detergent. 10% solution in water
DescriptionDetergent. 10% solution Nonidet P-40 in water.
Detergent. Used in cell lysis buffers and to extract and solubilize proteins.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 2111 NP-40 (10% in H2O). 2111-100 is the same size as the 100 ML size of ab142227.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 12 months. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142227 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Song Z et al. Deep RNA Sequencing Revealed Fusion Junctional Heterogeneity May Predict Crizotinib Treatment Efficacy in ALK-Rearranged NSCLC. J Thorac Oncol 17:264-276 (2022). PubMed: 34626839
- Lee M et al. Obesity-induced galectin-9 is a therapeutic target in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nat Commun 13:1157 (2022). PubMed: 35241678
- Kim KL et al. Systematic detection of m6A-modified transcripts at single-molecule and single-cell resolution. Cell Rep Methods 1:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34734208
- Singh I & Parte P Heterogeneity in the Epigenetic Landscape of Murine Testis-Specific Histone Variants TH2A and TH2B Sharing the Same Bi-Directional Promoter. Front Cell Dev Biol 9:755751 (2021). PubMed: 34938732
- Sala S & Oakes PW Stress fiber strain recognition by the LIM protein testin is cryptic and mediated by RhoA. Mol Biol Cell 32:1758-1771 (2021). PubMed: 34038160