Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to 14-3-3
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Xenopus laevis, Caenorhabditis elegans
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-14-3-3 antibody
See all 14-3-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 14-3-3
SpecificityThis antibody is broadly reactive with members of the 14-3-3 family of proteins (~29–32kDa). With the exception of a single conserved amino acid change, this sequence is identical in the delta and zeta isoforms. Three and four conserved amino acid differences are found in the tau and gamma isoforms, respectively.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Xenopus laevis, Caenorhabditis elegans
A 20 amino acid synthetic peptide derived from the N-terminus of the human 14-3-3 beta/alpha protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14112 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa.|
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionAdapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways. Binds to a large number of partners, usually by recognition of a phosphoserine or phosphothreonine motif. Binding generally results in the modulation of the activity of the binding partner. Negative regulator of osteogenesis. Blocks the nuclear translocation of the phosphorylated form (by AKT1) of SRPK2 and antagonizes its stimulatory effect on cyclin D1 expression resulting in blockage of neuronal apoptosis elicited by SRPK2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the 14-3-3 family.
modificationsThe alpha, brain-specific form differs from the beta form in being phosphorylated (By similarity). Phosphorylated on Ser-60 by protein kinase C delta type catalytic subunit in a sphingosine-dependent fashion.
Isoform Short contains a N-acetylmethionine at position 1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- 14 3 3 antibody
- 14 3 3 protein beta antibody
- 14 3 3 protein beta/alpha antibody
ab14112 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Fiorillo A et al. The crystal structure of Giardia duodenalis 14-3-3 in the apo form: when protein post-translational modifications make the difference. PLoS One 9:e92902 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24658679
- Lalle M et al. Interkingdom complementation reveals structural conservation and functional divergence of 14-3-3 proteins. PLoS One 8:e78090 (2013). WB . PubMed: 24147113
- Kim J et al. Rsk-mediated phosphorylation and 14-3-3? binding of Apaf-1 suppresses cytochrome c-induced apoptosis. EMBO J 31:1279-92 (2012). PubMed: 22246185
- Lalle M et al. Dematin, a component of the erythrocyte membrane skeleton, is internalized by the malaria parasite and associates with Plasmodium 14-3-3. J Biol Chem 286:1227-36 (2011). WB . PubMed: 21084299
- Green MF et al. Ca2+/Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase beta is regulated by multisite phosphorylation. J Biol Chem 286:28066-79 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21669867
- Yang X et al. Phosphorylation-dependent interaction with 14-3-3 in the regulation of bad trafficking in retinal ganglion cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2483-94 (2008). PubMed: 18296656