Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 3 pg/ml
- Range: 0.01 ng/ml - 1000 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Plasma, Serum, Tissue, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
Product name14,15 EET / DHET ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% overall 12 0.93% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% overall 12 1.31%
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Tissue
Range0.01 ng/ml - 1000 ng/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Abcam’s 14,15 EET / DHET in vitro ELISA kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement in serum, plasma, urine, cell culture, tissue samples following proper isolation and purification.
A 96-well plate has been precoated with 14,15-DHET antibody. Samples and the 14,15-DHET-HRP conjugate are added to the wells, where 14,15-DHETin the sample competes with the added 14,15-DHET-HRP for antibody binding. After incubation, the wells are washed to remove unbound material and TMB substrate is then added which is catalyzed by HRP to produce blue coloration. The reaction is terminated by addition of Stop Solution which stops the color development and produces a color change from blue to yellow. The intensity of signal is inversely proportional to the amount of 14,15-DHET in the sample and the intensity is measured at 450 nm.
It is well known that arachidonic acid (AA) will be converted to EET by P450 arachidonic acid epoxygenase (AA epoxygenase) and EET will be converted to DHET by soluble epoxide hydrolase (sEH) in vivo. Cytochrome P450 2J2 (CYP2J2) is a predominant human AA epoxygenase that produces all four EETs. In human carcinoma cells, rAAV-mediated over expression of CYP2J2 resulted in a marked increase in 14,15-DHET level in cell plasma, whereas rAAV-anti2J2-mediated silence of CYP2J2 expression significantly decreased its production. Abcam’s14,15EET/DHET in vitro ELISA kit can be used to measure EET levels in cultured cells which express sEH.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 14,15-DHET Standard 1 x 2µl 14,15-DHET-HRP Conjugates 1 x 12µl HRP Buffer 1 x 15ml Pre-coated 96-Well Microplate 1 unit 10X Sample Dilution Buffer 1 x 25ml TMB Substrate 1 x 24ml 10X Wash Buffer Solution 1 x 25ml
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
- 14,15-dihydroxy-5Z,8Z,11Z-eicosatrienoic acid
ab175812 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Dai N et al. The Anti-inflammatory Effect of Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase Inhibitor and 14, 15-EET in Kawasaki Disease Through PPAR?/STAT1 Signaling Pathway. Front Pediatr 8:451 (2020). PubMed: 32903307
- Li H et al. Vascular Protection of TPE-CA on Hyperhomocysteinemia-induced Vascular Endothelial Dysfunction through AA Metabolism Modulated CYPs Pathway. Int J Biol Sci 15:2037-2050 (2019). PubMed: 31592228