Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to 160 kD Neurofilament Medium - Neuronal Marker
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibody - Neuronal Marker
See all 160 kD Neurofilament Medium primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 160 kD Neurofilament Medium - Neuronal Marker
SpecificityRecognizes the evolutionarily conserved extreme C-terminal region of the medium neurofilament subunit (~145-170 kDa).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cat, Pig, Bird, Reptile
Recombinant C-terminal fragment (Rat).
- Rat spinal cord
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9034 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceNeurofilaments are the 10nm or intermediate filament proteins found specifically in neurons, and are composed predominantly of three major proteins called neurofilament light (NF-L), neurofilament medium (NF-M) and neurofilament heavy (NF-H). Neurofilament medium runs on SDS-PAGE gels in the range 145-170 kDa, with some variation in different species. Antibodies to this protein are useful to identify neurons and their processes in tissue sections and in tissue culture. Neurofilament medium can also be useful in studies of neurofilament accumulations seen in many neurological diseases, such as Lou Gehrig's disease or Alzheimer's disease.
- 150kDa medium antibody
- NEF3 antibody
- NEFM antibody
ICC/IF image of ab9034 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab9034, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-160 kD Neurofilament Medium antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab9034) at 1/20000 dilution + whole rat cerebellum homogenate
A prominent band is observed at ~145kDa corresponding to rat 160kDa Neurofilament. Human and bovine neurofilament medium run a little slower, at about 160kDa.
The image illustrates the high definition dendritic staining obtained after protease pretreatment. This picture was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Prof Colm Cunningham and Dr Suzanne Campion (Southampton University).
ab9034 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Shah S et al. Nitrosative Stress Is Associated with Dopaminergic Dysfunction in the HIV-1 Transgenic Rat. Am J Pathol 189:1375-1385 (2019). PubMed: 31230667
- Driessen AK et al. Reflex regulation of breathing by the paratrigeminal nucleus via multiple bulbar circuits. Brain Struct Funct 223:4005-4022 (2018). PubMed: 30116890
- Wang HY et al. RBFOX3/NeuN is Required for Hippocampal Circuit Balance and Function. Sci Rep 5:17383 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26619789
- Smith AC et al. Changes in gene expression and cell shape characterise stages of epibranchial placode-derived neuron maturation in the chick. J Anat 227:89-102 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 26076761
- Stegeman S et al. Loss of Usp9x disrupts cortical architecture, hippocampal development and TGFß-mediated axonogenesis. PLoS One 8:e68287 (2013). PubMed: 23861879