Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 8.68 pg/ml
- Range: 20 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cit plasma, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product name17 beta Estradiol ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 20 <=9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3 <=10%
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma, Cit plasma
Range20 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Abcam’s 17 beta Estradiol in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of 17 beta Estradiol in serum and plasma (citrate).
A 96-well plate has been precoated with anti-Estradiol IgG. Samples and the Estradiol-HRP conjugate are added to the wells, where Estradiol in the sample competes with the added Estradiol-HRP for antibody binding. After incubation, the wells are washed to remove unbound material and TMB substrate is then added which is catalyzed by HRP to produce blue coloration. The reaction is terminated by addition of Stop Solution which stops the color development and produces a color change from blue to yellow. The intensity of signal is inversely proportional to the amount of Estradiol in the sample and the intensity is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Washing Solution 1 x 50ml 17 beta Estradiol Control 1 x 0.5ml 17 beta Estradiol Standard 0 1 x 1ml 17 beta Estradiol Standard 1 (20 pg/mL) 1 x 0.5ml 17 beta Estradiol Standard 2 (120 pg/mL) 1 x 0.5ml 17 beta Estradiol Standard 3 (300 pg/mL) 1 x 0.5ml 17 beta Estradiol Standard 4 (600 pg/mL) 1 x 0.5ml 17 beta Estradiol Standard 5 (2,000 pg/mL) 1 x 0.5ml 17 beta Estradiol-HRP Conjugate 1 x 22ml Anti-17 beta Estradiol IgG Coated Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Cover foils 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 15ml Strip holder 1 unit TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
ab108667 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- Liu X et al. The AMPK-mTOR axis requires increased MALAT1 expression for promoting granulosa cell proliferation in endometriosis. Exp Ther Med 21:21 (2021). PubMed: 33235630
- Skórkowska A et al. Effect of Combined Prenatal and Adult Benzophenone-3 Dermal Exposure on Factors Regulating Neurodegenerative Processes, Blood Hormone Levels, and Hematological Parameters in Female Rats. Neurotox Res 37:683-701 (2020). PubMed: 31970650
- Goyal A & Garabadu D Vinpocetine facilitates the anti-amnesic activity of estrogen-receptor alpha agonist in bilateral ovariectomy-challenged animals. Behav Brain Res 393:112789 (2020). PubMed: 32593544
- Asperger H et al. Progesterone receptor membrane component 1 regulates lipid homeostasis and drives oncogenic signaling resulting in breast cancer progression. Breast Cancer Res 22:75 (2020). PubMed: 32660617
- Kulprachakarn K et al. Cardiovascular disease risk factors among transgender women in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Am J Cardiovasc Dis 10:124-130 (2020). PubMed: 32685270