Product name2-NBDG Glucose Uptake Assay Kit
Sample typeSuspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
2-NBDG Glucose Uptake Assay Kit ab235976 provides a convenient tool for studying cellular glucose uptake. The kit uses 2-NBDG, a fluorescently-labeled deoxyglucose analog, as a probe for the detection of glucose taken up by cultured cells.
The 2-NBDG assay kit is suitable for analysis with flow cytometer, fluorescent microscope or microplate reader.
2-NBDG protocol summary:
- treat cells with experimental treatment in glucose-free medium
- add 2-NBDG and incubate for 10 min
- remove cell culture supernatant and wash cells with cell-based assay buffer
- add propidium iodide at this point to exclude dead cells if analyzing with flow cytometry
- add cell-based assay buffer and analyze immediately
2-NDG can be detected with filters designed to detect FITC (Ex/Em 485/535 nm).
PlatformMicroplate reader, Fluor. microscope, Flow cyt.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Cell-Based Assay Apigenin 1 x 100µl Cell-Based Assay Buffer Tablet 1 tablet Cell-Based Assay NBD Glucose 1 x 500µl Cell-Based Propidium Iodide Solution 1 x 250µl
Jurkat (Human T cell leukemia cell line from peripheral blood) cells were equilibrated in glucose-free medium for two hours prior to being treated with the indicated dilution of NBD-glucose for 10 minutes at 37°C. Cells were washed and data were collected on a MACSQuant cytometer. NBD-glucose fluorescence within the live population is shown.
ab235976 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.