Product name20(S)-Ginsenoside Rg3, natural triterpenoid saponin
DescriptionNatural triterpenoid saponin with variety of biological activities
Biological descriptionNatural triterpenoid saponin found in Panax notoginseng. Shows a variety of biological activities. Enhances glucose-stimulated insulin secretion and activates AMPK. Anti-proliferative via mitotic inhibition. Neuroprotective by inhibition of mitochondrial permeability transition pore. Active in vivo and in vitro.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Tian J et al. 20(S)-ginsenoside Rg3, a neuroprotective agent, inhibits mitochondrial permeability transition pores in rat brain. Phytother Res 23:486-91 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19003949) »
- Lee SY et al. Proteomic analysis of the anti-cancer effect of 20S-ginsenoside Rg3 in human colon cancer cell lines. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:811-6 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19352032) »
- Park MW et al. 20(S)-ginsenoside Rg3 enhances glucose-stimulated insulin secretion and activates AMPK. Biol Pharm Bull 31:748-51 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18379076) »