Product name(2,4-Dichlorophenoxy)acetic acid sodium salt monohydrate, synthetic auxin
DescriptionSynthetic auxin (plant hormone) used in plant cell culture media
- 2,4-D sodium salt monohydrate
- 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid sodium salt monohydrate
- Sodium 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetate monohydrate
Synthetic auxin (plant hormone) used in plant cell culture media. Widely used herbicide.
Chemical name(2,4-Dichlorophenoxy)acetic acid sodium salt monohydrate
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Goggin DE et al. 2,4-D resistance in wild radish: reduced herbicide translocation via inhibition of cellular transport. J Exp Bot 67:3223-35 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 26994475) »
- Hirano T & Sato MH Arabidopsis FAB1A/B is possibly involved in the recycling of auxin transporters. Plant Signal Behav 6:583-5 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21412048) »
- Lara-Chavez A et al. Initiation of somatic embryogenesis from immature zygotic embryos of oocarpa pine (Pinus oocarpa Schiede ex Schlectendal). Tree Physiol 31:539-54 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21636694) »