Product name2,6-Dichloroindophenol sodium salt, blue redox indicator dye
DescriptionBlue redox indicator dye used for the determination of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
- 2,6-Dichloro-N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-1,4-benzoquinoneimine sodium salt
- 2,6-Dichlorobenzenone-indophenol sodium salt
Blue redox indicator dye used for the determination of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), which when Vitamin C is present reduces to a colorless hydroxy compound. May be used as an electron acceptor and to stain glutathione reductase electrophoresis gels. Also known as Tillman's reagent.
Chemical name2,6-Dichloro-4-[(4-hydroxyphenyl)imino]-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-one sodium salt
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Qiu J et al. Development of square wave voltammetry method for the assessment of organophosphorus compound impact on the cholinesterase of Pheretima with 2,6-dichloroindophenol as a redox indicator. Chemosphere 77:129-32 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19487014) »
- Nakamura H et al. A simple and highly repeatable colorimetric toxicity assay method using 2,6-dichlorophenolindophenol as the redox color indicator and whole eukaryote cells. Anal Bioanal Chem 389:835-40 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17717645) »
- Auer BL et al. The effect of ascorbic acid ingestion on the biochemical and physicochemical risk factors associated with calcium oxalate kidney stone formation. Clin Chem Lab Med 36:143-7 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9589801) »