- References (1)
Product name3-Deazaneplanocin A
DescriptionPotent S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase (SAHH) and histone methyltransferase (HMT) inhibitor
Biological descriptionPotent S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase (SAHH) and histone methyltransferase (HMT) inhibitor. Anticancer agent. Induces apoptosis in cancer cells but not in normal cells. Active in vivo.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 75 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- He S et al. Inhibition of histone methylation arrests ongoing graft-versus-host disease in mice by selectively inducing apoptosis of alloreactive effector T cells. Blood 119:1274-82 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22117046) »
- Kikuchi J et al. Epigenetic therapy with 3-deazaneplanocin A, an inhibitor of the histone methyltransferase EZH2, inhibits growth of non-small cell lung cancer cells. Lung Cancer 78:138-43 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22925699) »
- Hayden A et al. S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase inhibition by 3-deazaneplanocin A analogues induces anti-cancer effects in breast cancer cell lines and synergy with both histone deacetylase and HER2 inhibition. Breast Cancer Res Treat 127:109-19 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 20556507) »
- Zhou J et al. The histone methyltransferase inhibitor, DZNep, up-regulates TXNIP, increases ROS production, and targets leukemia cells in AML. Blood 118:2830-9 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21734239) »
- Tan J et al. Pharmacologic disruption of Polycomb-repressive complex 2-mediated gene repression selectively induces apoptosis in cancer cells. Genes Dev 21:1050-63 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17437993) »
- Glazer RI et al. 3-Deazaneplanocin: a new and potent inhibitor of S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase and its effects on human promyelocytic leukemia cell line HL-60. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 135:688-94 (1986). Read more (PubMed: 3457563) »