Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 8 ng/ml
- Range: 8 ng/ml - 1000 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
Product name3-Nitrotyrosine ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 8 6.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 3 13%
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range8 ng/ml - 1000 ng/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
ab116691 is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of 3-nitrotyrosine in cell and tissue lysates. The assay employs an antibody specific for 3-nitrotyrosine coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and 3-nitrotyrosine present in the sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and a biotin labeled anti-3-nitrotyrosine detector antibody is added. After washing away unbound detector antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin specific for the biotin labeled detector antibody is pipetted into the wells. The wells are again washed, an HRP substrate solution (TMB) is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of 3-nitrotyrosine bound. The developing blue color is measured at 600 nm. Optionally the reaction can be stopped by adding hydrochloric acid which changes the color from blue to yellow and the intensity can be measured at 450 nm.
Store all components at 4°C. This kit is stable for 6 months from receipt. After reconstitution the standard should be stored at -80°C. Unused microplate strips should be returned to the pouch containing the desiccant and resealed.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X 3-nitrotyrosine Detector Antibody 1 x 1ml 10X Blocking Buffer 1 x 6ml 10X HRP Label 1 x 1ml 20X Buffer 1 x 20ml 3-nitrotyrosine BSA standard 1 vial Extraction Buffer (ab260490) 1 x 15ml Microplate 96 antibody coated wells in 12 strips 1 unit HRP Development Solution 1 x 12ml
ab116691 has been referenced in 38 publications.
- Gao J et al. Metformin protects against PM2.5-induced lung injury and cardiac dysfunction independent of AMP-activated protein kinase a2. Redox Biol 28:101345 (2020). PubMed: 31669973
- Gutiérrez-Camacho LR et al. Alterations in glutathione, nitric oxide and 3-nitrotyrosine levels following exercise and/or hyperbaric oxygen treatment in mice with diet-induced diabetes. Biomed Rep 12:222-232 (2020). PubMed: 32257185
- Hu X et al. Asiatic Acid Protects against Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiotoxicity in Mice. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:5347204 (2020). PubMed: 32509145
- Kolijn D et al. Enhanced Cardiomyocyte Function in Hypertensive Rats With Diastolic Dysfunction and Human Heart Failure Patients After Acute Treatment With Soluble Guanylyl Cyclase (sGC) Activator. Front Physiol 11:345 (2020). PubMed: 32523538
- Bandookwala M et al. Edaravone-caffeine combination for the effective management of rotenone induced Parkinson's disease in rats: An evidence based affirmative from a comparative analysis of behavior and biomarker expression. Neurosci Lett 711:134438 (2019). PubMed: 31422100